Close all the open programs to fix this issue, and then restart your Mac.
After restart, if this issue persists, uninstall your Norton security product using RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool and reinstall it.
RemoveSymantecMacFiles deletes all the folders that are created by Norton installers and any files within those folders including any you that have created.
STEP 1 Download RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool and run.
- Download the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file.
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock to be in the Finder.
- On the menu-bar, click Go > Downloads to go to the Downloads folder.
- Do one of the following:
- If you downloaded the file using Safari browser, open the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder.
- If you downloaded the file using the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers, double-click the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file to expand it, and then open the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder.
- In the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder, control-click the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file, and then click Open with > Terminal (default).
To run this tool, you must be logged in to your Mac with an Administrator account with a non-blank password.
- If you see a prompt that the tool is from an unidentified developer, click Open to continue.
- In the Terminal window, type your administrator password, and then press return.
When you type your password, no characters appear.
- To remove all Symantec files and folders, type 1.If you want to quit RemoveSymantecMacFiles without removing any files, type 2.
- Press return.RemoveSymantecMacFiles removes all of the Symantec files.
- When the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool finishes removing the Symantec files, in the Terminal window, type y, and press return to restart your Mac.Before you press return, make sure you save your work in other open applications.
STEP 2 Download your Norton product
- Login In to Norton.
- You will be prompted to sign in If you are not signed in to Norton already. Type in your email address and password for Norton, and click Sign In.Note: If you do not have a Norton account, click Create account and complete the sign-up process.
- In the Setup window, click Download Norton.
- Click Agree & Download.
- Click OK to save and open the Setup.zip file.
- When the download finishes, double-click the Norton product Installer.
- Click Agree & Install to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- When LiveUpdate finishes installing updates, click Continue.
- In the Installation Successful window, click Restart.Note: You must restart your PC to complete the installation process.